Canada Drayage Inc (CDI) part of the Fastfrate Group is the only Coast-to-Coast provider of drayage services in Canada. CDI efficiently manages the transport of sea containers to and from major ports, rail yard, and distribution centres across the country and into the USA. We provide End-to-End control and visibility through real-time updates and tracking, advanced reporting and analytics, EDI and web connectivity and future blockchains and A.I capabilities.
Fastfrate Group has been providing industry-leading transportation services for more than 50 years. From what started out as an LTL over the road and intermodal carrier, Fastfrate has grown into a diverse group comprised of multiple companies operating across Canada. This evolution allows us to offer customers a full suite of asset-based transportation including overthe-road, crossborder, intermodal LTL and TL, drayage and transload, warehousing, distribution, logistics services and final mile.
Canada Drayage Inc, part of the Fastfrate Group is looking for a Dispatch Manager who will be responsible for ensuring smooth and efficient operations for all terminals under 24/7 environment. You’ll be accountable for managing operations of all terminals by ensuring demand and supply are matched up. As a supervisory role, you will also oversee all hiring and on boarding, as well as drivers and driver training, compliance, and executing personnel activities.
You’ll provide feedback, motivation and encouragement to the team. Since Customer Service is the #1 priority here at Fastfrate, the Dispatch Manager will provide support to the customer by managing, daily, weekly, and monthly operational and messaging reports from the customer. You will maintain day-to-day relation with customers by responding to their queries, issues, requesting for work, surge volume, and acceptance of workload. The Dispatch Manager will maintain KPI reports provided by Customer.
• Team Management.
• Customer Focus and excellent communication skills.
• Quality Orientation.
• Time Management.
• Adaptability/ Flexibility.
• Decision Making and Judgement.
• Planning and organizing.
• Problem Solving.
• Result Focused.
• Accountability and Dependability.
• Ethics and Integrity.
• Mediating and negotiating.
• Providing Consultation.
• Coaching and Mentoring.
• Staff Management.
• Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations.
• Mathematical Reasoning.
• Development and Continual Learning.
• Reviews and solves all issues that are in daily, weekly, and monthly KPI reports.
• Reviews messaging reports regularly to comply with customer requirements.
• Responsible for Supervisors and Dispatchers of all Terminals.
• Responsible to hire and onboard dispatcher.
• Responsible for hiring, training, compliance, reprimanding, firing and replacement of
• Maintain and execute monthly dispatch plan to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness
of outbound load execution.
• Work on daily numbers such as volume of moves, dray cost, accessorial.
• Investigation and analysis of issues related to customers, drivers, and dispatchers.
• Review and manage, daily, weekly, and monthly business and messaging reports by
analyzing and resolving issues with dispatchers and drivers.
• Create and change dispatchers’ schedules as dictated by demand and performance.
• Ensure drivers organized by supervisor for next day and weekend with owner operator and
third party, are at optimum level.
• Confirm schedule and verify start time of drivers to match workload and any issues that the
manager is responsible for resolution.
• Monitor workloads for all terminals and ensure availability of additional resources.
• Monitor equipment locations and utilization to coordinate service and schedules.
• Discuss and resolve issues with drivers and dispatchers concerning schedule questions, oncall status, assignments, etc.
• Generally, maintain an open and effective dialogue with delivery personnel to ensure
fairness and clarity of understanding.
• Respond to complaints with thoroughness and accuracy.
• Adhere to corporate and departmental policies and procedures.
• Completion of all required training through Carriers Edge (Manager/Supervisor Training
• Perform other duties as required by Director.
• Monitor a company smart phone for communication with drivers, dispatchers, and
• Provide training and expertise to office personnel, for customer data entry and dispatch
• On Call as necessary.
• Management level experience leading a team preferred with 5 years’ experience.
• Ability to manage reports daily, weekly, and monthly reports on KPI.
• Ability to order drivers with start time to match next day volume.
• Ability to schedule team.
• Previous experience on managing fast paced dispatch.
• Transportation industry knowledge and experience an asset (i.e., shipping/receiving,
scheduling, freight negotiations and regulatory requirements).
• Computer skills – Outlook, Excel, Word.
• Clean Criminal Record.
• Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally.
• Able to work well under pressure.
• Flexible, able to deal with change.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Very organized, with excellent multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent customer service/communication skills.
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
• Working in fast paced 24/7 environment in rotating shifts from office