Fastfrate Group has been providing industry-leading transportation services for more than 50 years. From what started out as an LTL over the road and intermodal carrier, Fastfrate has grown into a diverse group comprised of multiple companies operating across Canada. This evolution allows us to offer customers a full suite of asset-based transportation including overthe-road, cross-border, intermodal LTL and TL, drayage and transload, warehousing, distribution, logistics services and final mile.
Fastfrate Group is looking for an Operations Manager who will be responsible for ensuring smooth and efficient functions for the company through maintaining and adhering to strict management and communication processes. You will be accountable for managing all facets of the business through process management utilizing all resources made available. You will also be responsible with working within a budget and finding efficiencies for the operation and customers. You will also mentor your team members, find ways to increase quality of customer service and implement best practices across all levels.
• Customer Focus
• Energy & Stress
• Quality Orientation
• Time Management
• Adaptability/ Flexibility
• Creative and Innovative Thinking
• Decision Making and Judgement
• Planning and Organizing
• Problem Solving
• Result Focus
• Accountability and Dependability
• Ethics and Integrity
• Mediating and Negotiating
• Providing Consultation
• Coaching and Mentoring
• Staff Management
• Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
• Mathematical Reasoning
• Development and Continual Learning
• Manages the overall operations on the cross dock, dispatch and warehouse
communication processes, procedures, and people
• Maintain and execute the daily operation plan to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and
timeliness of all freight.
• Maintain scheduling, discipline, and performance management for the employees in the
• Create and change schedules as dictated by demand and performance.
• Continually monitor workloads throughout the department and actively pursue
additional resource when justified.
• Monitor personnel and/or equipment locations and utilization to coordinate service and
• Create initiatives and procedures that maximize organizational ability to service clients
with the most efficiency possible.
• Discuss and resolve issues with all employees concerning bid package questions, on-call
status, assignments, etc.
• Breakdown, verify and ensure all operational timelines have been met.
Generally, maintain an open and effective dialogue with all personnel to insure fairness
and clarity of understanding.
• Create and maintain logs necessary to perform quick checks and assessments to ensure
the highest quality.
• Respond to complaints with thoroughness and accuracy.
• Adhere to corporate and departmental policies and procedures
• Completion of all required training through Carriers Edge (Manager/Supervisor Training
• Performs other duties as required
• Management level experience leading a team preferred
• Previous experience with dispatch/call center environment an asset
• Transportation industry knowledge and experience an asset (i.e., shipping/receiving,
scheduling, freight negotiations and regulatory requirements)
• Computer skills – Outlook, Excel, Word
• Clean Criminal Record
• Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all
• Able to work well under pressure
• Flexible, able to deal with change
• Strong attention to detail
• Very organized, with excellent multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
• Excellent customer service/communication skills
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
• Familiar with business and financial principles and practices
• Communicate within all levels of the organization
• Budget development and oversight experience
Port Coquitlam, BC