Canada Drayage Inc (CDI) part of the Fastfrate Group is the only Coast-to-Coast provider of drayage services in Canada. CDI efficiently manages the transport of sea containers to and from major ports, rail yard, and distribution centres across the country and into the USA. We provide End-to-End control and visibility through real-time updates and tracking, advanced reporting and analytics, EDI and web connectivity and future blockchains and A.I capabilities.
Fastfrate Group has been providing industry-leading transportation services for more than 50 years. From what started out as an LTL over the road and intermodal carrier, Fastfrate has grown into a diverse group comprised of multiple companies operating across Canada. This evolution allows us to offer customers a full suite of asset-based transportation including overthe-road, crossborder, intermodal LTL and TL, drayage and transload, warehousing, distribution, logistics services and final mile.
Canada Drayage Inc, part of the Fastfrate Group is looking for a Dispatcher to join their growing team. This is a staff position and reports to supervisor for day-to-day dispatch activity. You will primarily be responsible for ensuring smooth and efficient assigning of delivery/pickup and bobtail moves through maintaining dispatch communication processes with drivers. You’ll also be accountable to communicate with drivers to relay work orders, messages, and information to and from drivers using SMS, email, and telephones. This dispatcher role is also responsible to ensure moves assigned to drivers are on time, if any delay, advise customer and range appointments following directions from supervisor on duty.
This position falls under Essential Services and requires working from the office only. Also, the dispatcher handles multi terminals and works with the supervisor on duty on to manage the day-to-day dispatch activities. The dispatcher primarily focuses on production to maintain flow of work. Dispatch is in a 24/7 environment and rotating shifts.
• Communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to plan, dispatch and monitor a large fleet.
• Effective Teamwork skills.
• Time Management.
• Ability to make quick decisions in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ethics and Integrity.
• Ability to manage time effectively and multi-task.
• Good computer skills.
• 24/7 environment – Willing to work on rotation schedule.
• Responsible for dispatching moves to drivers for multi terminals.
• Maintain and execute the dispatch to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness.
• Continually monitor workloads to all terminals assigned in their shifts to ensure moves
are on time.
• Generally, maintain an open and effective dialogue with drivers to ensure moves are
completed on time.
• Adhere to corporate and departmental policies and procedures.
• Completion of all required training through Carriers Edge.
• Update supervisor on duty on all issues with drivers and customers.
• Responsible for maintaining on time performance for deliveries.
• Perform other duties as required by supervisor on duty.
• An understanding and ability to work in a fast-paced trucking environment.
• Previous experience with dispatch/call center environment an asset.
• Transportation industry knowledge and experience an asset.
• Computer skills – Outlook, Excel, Word.
• Clean Criminal Record.
• Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally.
• Able to work well under pressure.
• Flexible, able to deal with change.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Very organized, with excellent multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
• Working in fast paced 24/7 environment in rotating shifts from office.