BC Road Closure Surcharge21 May 2021
Dear Valued Customer,
Please be advised that Kicking Horse Canyon Constructors (KHCC) has been implementing intermittent lane closures on Trans- Canada Highway through the Kicking Horse Canyon Phase 4 construction site throughout March and will extend the lane closures to April 10, 2021. In addition, KHCC will implement overnight full closures in the Kicking Horse Canyon on Hwy 1 from March 29 through to April 10, 2021.
The Kicking Horse Canyon Project Phase 4 construction will also require an extended multi-day closure of the Trans-Canada Highway (TCH) east of Golden, BC.
*The multi day closure will be followed by additional 24-hour closures on weekdays between May 17 and August 31, 2021
Due to the scheduled road closure, constraints will be placed on our operations in this area. With these constraints being expected to continue for a significant duration of time, we have been faced with a difficult decision regarding how service is provided in this area.
Due to a significant increase in costs associated to rerouting shipments, we will be implementing a temporary Road Closure Surcharge. The temporary surcharge is designed to assist with offsetting additional expenses.
Surcharge Amount: $1.00/cwt with a minimum charge of $10.00 and a maximum of $200.00
The Road Closure Surcharge will apply if shipments meet the following criteria:
- Duration: Shipments in transit starting April 12 until construction has ended, and will be applicable to the additional 24 hour closures when required between May 17 and May 31
- Place: Shipments scheduled for transit and normally routed through Kicking Horse Canyon near Golden, BC, Highway 1
- Affected Areas: Shipment originating in or destined to British Columbia, Canada
We understand that this decision has an effect on your operations. Delays are expected to occur through the designated area and we ask that you plan your operations around 1 additional day of transit time.
Please help to minimize any other delays by following these simple tips:
- Plan for an additional day transit
- Schedule pickups early in the day
- Have all orders ready on time for pickup
- Consolidate orders to be shipped
For more information on the construction project, please visit:
- 22 September 2022 Fastfrate Group recognized as Inbound Logistics Top 100 Trucker
- 13 September 2022 Thank you Paul DeBonis for 50 years of service!
- 1 September 2022 Fastfrate Invests in 100 Dry Containers